-

.

Friday 9 November 2012

Scream Egg


First things first, here are the pictures of my 'christmas challenge'. I still haven't added 26 (lady gaga on the top of the tree) because I am absent-minded but here's how it works: I started the weekend before 22/10 weigh-in to track my progress between then and Christmas. During a weigh-in while still in Britain, our consultant Yvonne gave us a little christmas tree with 14 baubles and told us it was 14 weigh-ins til Christmas and to colour each bauble for each pound we lose (ie lose a pound a week = lose 1 st before Christmas. That's incentive, and sounds do-able, yeah? Especially for someone of my size - I've lost 19.5 so far :O). Anyway, through a lot of procrastination and interview of my life, THE MOVE etc, I only managed to do it then, here's my progress since 22/10 weighin (3 weigh ins) blahblah:



So, back to now...

I've had awkward times this week, mainly today, and it rendered me a bit crappy, cranky, anxious. And didn't really have anything to resort to except just kinda throwing myself about desperately, like Lulu at pantomine. I need something to look back at when those times get tough to remind myself what I'm doing and why I'm doing this.

I've been reluctant to do this, but I'm going to upload some progress pictures.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know I still look big (I have a long way to go, after all) and I'm sorry that one of the pictures is still indistinct - only received my camera wire from home this week (not that I have any idea where my camera is) but it's just so that you can see some kind of difference between the ghastly "then" and the (at least, better) "now". It isn't too recent a picture, it's when I was at roughly X-3,10 (I'm now X-3,4). It's from October 24th and my graduation picture is from 29th June 2012 (and trust me, it was as traumatising for me to look through them as it will be for you, to see this utter troglodyte flabbing around in a gown!!!)

Spillzilla wit' yo crazy threads. - 29th June 2012
41 pounds off, 52 to go - Yo en Sevilla - 24th October 2012

(For the record, I am now 47lbs down, as noted in the blog post prior to this :))

I am not sure why the uni chancellor needs a ringbinder at a graduation ceremony. God knows.

So I mean...well, it's progress. I still have a misshapen tummy, no 'gap' between my thighs, heinous bingo wings and my body has more rolls than a chinese buffet. However I also have more defined biceps, tighter calves, and the huge jumpers I sported at uni are now falling off my shoulders. My tummy is smaller. I've gone down about 4 dress sizes. I'm not going to justify the fact that I'm still overweight, it's unhealthy, but I'm making progress which I'm going to continue sticking to.

Which is why I'm letting the exercise properly kick in now. I'm overweight. And that means I already have an advantage over my friends who workout who are not overweight. Perfect opportunity. No marathons or 'Here Wiggo' moments just yet, but it's all progress. I've got other stuff to do, which I will inform you about in the next few days.

When I finally go home (mid-late december), I want to put up one of the more hideous full-length pictures of me in my graduation dress, and then put it on myself and show you the comparison. Hopefully that'll be more representative and I won't be TOO FAT by that point :)

I know now that there is nothing I can make healthier in my diet, just that I need to eat more of it. Therefore, the more I exercise, the more I can stop having a go at myself. On a health forum, I spotted a thread in which its subscribers count up the number of '100%' days they have, where they know they have done their absolute best that day - I want to be able to say that I have done all I can if I hit on hard times again.


Below is a suitable ending note: something that someone very wise made me aware of and I constantly remind myself of it.
And even if you don't know the person, it's written on a teabag so it must be GOSPEL. Lots of love, thank you for reading, stay fit xxxxxx